Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bright nights, city lights.

I actually queued a few posts from the last few days, but then again, I feel I should apologize for not posting in a while. I have quite a lot to blog about such as the 4th of July celebration and what not (even though I know a few weeks have already passed since that day). But yes, I will try to post more often now. I've been quite busy. And trying to organize things that are going on is kind of difficult since it's summer. When it is summer, you just want to bum around and not even bother organizing any of your plans. You don't even care what day and what time it is until you realize that you're meant to be somewhere the next day, or even a few hours before the event starts. 

It's quite early in the morning so please bear with me as I throw in a bunch of words, hoping that it will all make sense to you.

So let me get started on this...


What is that "something" in a city that amazes me? Is it the architectural structures designed to blow my mind because of how high up those blocks of concrete can go? Is it the busy streets and the sea of people that rush past me? Is it the view of the whole city altogether? Is it the hundreds of pictures my mind decides to take as I walk down the city sidewalk in order to take in the whole beauty of it all? Is it the city lights that brighten everything up during the darkest of nights? There are endless possible answers to the question I first asked. Because the fact of the matter is, that "something" is indescribable. It might be the physical things that make up the city, or the abstract things that a city naturally holds. May it be the buildings and streets that I see or the beauty and emotions that I cannot even fathom.

Growing up in a city, without a doubt, has influenced how I perceive one. For me, there are more beautiful things to take in compared to the amount of ugly things that can be found in a city. I think everyone can agree with me on this but there are some areas of a city where it smells horrible or where it seems polluted (street wise... air wise). Of course those negatives do bother me, but they go away at some point (when you move away from that area) and you just get over it. The beauty of the city, though, I can't get over. Because amidst the negatives that I mentioned, there is still that spark that gets me amazed, somehow.

A city is like a dream land for me. It's like a place where I can daydream as I walk about with music playing in my ears. Rain or shine, it gives me the same feeling. Some people would prefer a place where it is calm and quiet because it lets their minds unwind. I, on the other hand, prefer the busy streets of a city. Of course I wouldn't mind a peaceful getaway, but that's a different story, really. In addition, cities have amazing malls and boutiques lying around everywhere, and most people who know me would know that I love to shop. Maybe next time I should talk about how malls enchant me and lead me to my magical palace, or walk in closet. Yes. Maybe.


TO THE SHOWER!!!


Ah yes. I must also share with you some of the things I've done to my "Wreck This Journal" book by Keri Smith. These are only some of them.. The others shall be locked away until I decide to publicize the secrets these pages withhold. Does it look like it's wrecked? No. I'm not one to wreck things. The way I interpret the things this book makes me do is quite different. I like different. 
The thing I'm trying to do here is to release my creative self, and if I end up making a mistake in whatever I do on here, I just let it be and continue on. It's not what I would usually do. I would usually stress out and get annoyed with myself for making such a careless scribble in the middle of a neat work. That's why this book is meant for "perfectionists". Haha!
 I'll maybe wreck it here and there... at some point in my life. 

I'm still sorry for not being able to post any fashionista related things. I will be, soon, though! I'm also trying to learn some new DIY stuff so you should watch out for that. :) 

To add to this long blog post, I've also been trying to sleep earlier than usual. I know that's not a very summer thing to do, but I'm quite sleep deprived and I don't want to have my immune system breaking down any time soon. I still make time for people, though, especially the ones from different countries (you guys know who you are). Haha! Oh, the dedication. 

There's a knock on the door. That must be the shoes my mother ordered, without my knowing. They left me at home and told me to wait for it. 
Anyways, I shall post soon, lovelies.
Have a great day/afternoon/night (wherever you may be as you read this)!!

XOXO,
S

now playing: Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by Pink

"I think I've finally had enough, I think I maybe think too much. I think this might be it for us, blow me one last kiss."

No comments:

Post a Comment