Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Golden Gate Bridge & Wreck This Journal.

Last Saturday, the 30th of July, I accomplished something I never really gave much thought about: walking/jogging across the Golden Gate Bridge. Maybe for some people that isn't much of a big deal, but I've never actually crossed any big famous bridges in my life. Does that even make any sense? It's pretty mind blowing how long San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge is. It was easier and faster jogging across it, but it was still long. Let's face it, though. I needed to unwind and let my mind recuperate (from all the stress and all the overthinking); as a result, I mostly stuck to walking instead of jogging.

It felt so good to just walk and feel the breeze brush past me. Along with the music that blasted through my ears and the beautiful view that surrounded me, I thought of the moment as perfection. It was just amazing to breathe in such wonder. Plus, I also got a great workout!


The Golden Gate Bridge. It was quite foggy but the sun came up eventually.
(All photos were taken on my phone since we did not really expect to take pictures during this escapade.)
In case it isn't obvious yet (this isn't really a fashion post), I'm wearing a white hoodie and a white pair of shorts from Hollister, and shoes from Vans. It's plain and simple. 

Every time I look at the city of San Francisco, I fall in love. Crazy at it seems, but I fall in love with cities quite easily. I mean, growing up in one did sort of influence my love for all the tall buildings and the busy streets. All the more does it make me thankful to be in a beautiful place.


Whenever I see tall buildings, my mind just goes, "Wow".



San Francisco city skyline.


In addition to this city lovin', I bought a new "book" a.k.a "journal" by Keri Smith called Wreck This Journal. I think by now everyone would recognize this. I started it yesterday, and to be honest, I am trying my very best not to do everything in one day. It's because it's so amusing and it also releases such creativity in oneself. It also relieves some stress and gets my mind off things. Haha! It's a very fun journal but it gives you these crazy challenges that you have to accomplish.
It just helps you to let loose and just be spontaneous.

"Dedicated to perfectionists all over the world."

This is one of the things I did so far. I'll reveal the other pages next time.

XOXO,
S




now playing: The Scientist by Coldplay
"Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry. You don't know how lovely you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment